As you probably know, before the Summer I randomly connected some volunteers who work in law firm Knowledge and Learning (mainly PSLs, but other job titles too) for a virtual coffee and a chat.
I have just paired people up for the second wave of virtual coffees, so I thought I’d share (anonymously) some of the comments that people had made about their involvement.
If you are hesitating to join in, have a look and perhaps try the project out for one round of virtual coffees and if it isn’t for you, you can withdraw after that.
Comments so far (I’ll update/add to this as comments come in)
- “Thank you very much for pairing me with [X] … we had a really nice chat.”
- “I hope we can stay in touch and perhaps even collaborate on a project one day.”
- “Many thanks for this initiative.”
- “My first pairing was really good … we shared a lot of insights and joint experiences.”
- “Being in this KM/ PSL world can sometimes feel a bit isolating so it is really good to make these connections.”
- “It was reassuring to speak to someone facing the same day to day issues and challenges, even though she was in a different country”
- “We had such a good chat. It was very easy and free flowing.”
- “A big thank you for putting us in touch with each other … we hope to keep in touch.”
And if you want to read more about this project and the background to RCTs/virtual coffee connections, click here.
And if you are not in legal sector Knowledge and Learning, but want to connect with other business KMers across the globe, think about joining my book-club next year.
Email me if you are interested and then, once I know the numbers and hence the discounts I can get on the books, I’ll send out pricing and invite you to join in.